This An Overview of the Vietnam War lesson plan also includes:
What is the best way to explain the devastation of war in an age-appropriate way? Here's a resource that makes it easier for young historians to understand the experiences of soldiers during the Vietnam War. Pupils participate in a warm-up activity about landmines, create a timeline, watch an interactive lecture, and participate in a class discussion to gain a better perspective of the conflict.
- Flip the class by asking them to read some material or watch a short video clip about the Vietnam War
- Requires quite a few materials, including chart paper, sticky notes, scrap material, art paper, markers or crayons, and printed worksheets
- Discuss some of the topics with discretion, as they may prove sensitive to some scholars
- Provides a worksheet for learners to take notes
- Answer keys and an example timeline make grading easy