This Aloha and Welcome Back! lesson plan also includes:
Show the class a Hawaiian welcome with a unique tradition! Class members welcome each other back to school by creating leis where each flower represents a different personal characteristic. After getting to know each other with the craft activity, scholars develop the class norms that guide them the rest of the year.
- Create leis with flowers that represent the differences and similarities between learners
- Use discussion questions to develop classroom norms with pupils
- Requires craft supplies
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lesson is hands-on and engaging
- Leis create a child-centered environment in which to discuss discipline and best practices