This Affirming Words lesson plan also includes:
Boost self-esteem with a lesson that focuses on using positive affirmations. Scholars discuss what self-esteem is and why it is important. Following an example list from the teacher, small groups take turns listing admirable qualities about their peers. Pupils take their lists and draft an essay that reflects on how the process made them feel. A closing discussion allows participants to share their writing.
- Revisit the lesson whenever the class requires teambuilding
- Create a positive affirmation the entire class can recite each morning or before tests and quizzes
- Keep an eye out for individuals that boost self-esteem, whether for themselves or their peers, offer them a reward as you see fit
- Take notice of those that do not speak kindly about themselves or others, take necessary steps to help him or her
- The lesson encourages kindness towards oneself and others
- Extension and differentiation ideas are provided