This Activism Through the Arts lesson plan also includes:
The arts often reflect the social struggles and concerns in society. The third lesson plan of four links the arts to activism and environmental concerns. Scholars learn about the role of art and artists statements. and then create their own unique work of art related to a current issue to perform or display.
- Team teach the lesson with the fine arts department, allowing exploration into multiple art forms
- Connect to social activism art in the present day
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous two lessons in the series
- Connects science, arts, and social studies
- Provides extensions to history, women's movements, and government policies