This Abraham Lincoln: Holding the Nation Together activity & project also includes:
- Reading Passage
- Join to access all included materials
Put on your stove pipe hat and step into the shoes of Abraham Lincoln with the first in this series of three reader's theater scripts. From a press conference and personal conversation with his wife, to his famous "Gettysburg Address," this play provides a behind the scenes look at President Lincoln's fight to end slavery. Breathe some life in to a social studies unit on the Civil War or a study of American presidents with this fun learning activity.
- Script includes roles for 12 different students
- Historical background information establishes a context for each scene in the play
- Assumes children have prior knowledge about slavery and the Civil War
- Requires supplemental instruction on how to read with expression