This Abraham Lincoln and Wartime Politics lesson plan also includes:
Americans today lionize Abraham Lincoln, but he was controversial during his presidency for suspending cherished rights and leading the country during a controversial war. Using primary sources such as campaign materials, young scholars debate the 1864 election from the perspective of Lincoln and his challenger. A second activity examines Lincoln's policies during his presidency.
- Debate the 1864 election from the perspectives of the candidates
- Learners need access to the Internet for the research component of activities
- Final in a three-part series on the Civil War
- Activities are engaging and require application and analysis
- Resource strikes a balance between independent learning and teacher direction