This A Reading Guide to Island of the Blue Dolphins lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Reading Island of the Blue Dolphins with your class? This reading guide, though not a complete lesson or curriculum, will provide you with all the information you need to develop an excellent literature unit for this award winning book. Starting with background information about Scott O'Dell and his writing of the story, this guide moves on to provide a plot summary, character and setting descriptions, key vocabulary, important themes, and chapter related guiding questions. Also included are potential writing topics and extension activities, making this a complete resource for teaching this story. Consider reading this historical fiction novel as the class is learning about Native American cultures to allow for interdisciplinary connections.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Easily adaptable to Common Core State Standards
- Comprehensive resource for Island of the Blue Dolphins
- Requires teachers to build their own lessons