This A Piece of Pi lesson plan also includes:
Develop a statistical approach to pi. Groups measure the circumference and diameter of several round objects. Using the measurements, teams create a scatter plot and find a line of best fit. Classmates then determine the slope of the line and relate it to the measurements plotted.
- Lead a discussion on the importance of precision in measurement
- The class should know how to determine a line of best fit and how to find the slope of the line
- Needs several round objects for each group
- Includes a rubric to help assess the work
- Provides a link to intervention on finding the slope of a line