If you've read Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe and would like to know more about its genesis, characters, and historical context, an explanatory eBook is an essential part of your reading experience. Perfect for language arts and social studies classes alike, the resource includes important context for the novel with each chapter delineating the writing process for each character.
- Provide key passages and excerpts as discussion prompts during or after reading the book
- Give the resource link to small groups and encourage them to read one chapter each; have them present their conclusions to the rest of the class
- Best used in an AP or honors class, based on the document's elevated language
- Provides primary source documents within the resource itself, including letters and other contemporaneous correspondence
- Inspires deeper insight into a novel in the historical fiction genre