This A Body of Information lesson plan also includes:
Academics work in groups to create fictional characters to showcase how democracy impacts their lives. The goal of the lesson is for learners to understand how personal freedoms are important to everyday life and how government agencies can assist people. Young historians also participate in group discussion to fully understand the different ways democracy directly impacts them.
- Showcase the finished project around the school to prompt conversations on personal freedoms
- Guide a discussion on services the government provides before pupils begin the activity to assist the brainstorming process
- Installment four of a five-part series on democracy
- Lessons work independently and do not need to be completed in order
- Extension activities provide an opportunity to involve the community in the learning experience
- The hands-on activity allows scholars to guide their own learning process