Nothing says summer like the beach, a sunny day, and ... a book report? Use those long leisure hours for critical analysis with a book report form that isn't your standard summer reading assignment, but an engaging project that keeps learners engaged in what they are reading.
- Assign at any time of the year, not just summer
- Extend the book report with a class presentation
- Contains specific information about book assignments on the first and last pages of the resources, but the rest of the packet is versatile for any chosen book
- Some parts of the worksheet, including grade and school, will need to be modified for use in other classrooms
- Connect the elements of plot to the story in an organic and applicable way
- Writing prompts encourage creative analysis
- Worksheet specifies how long answers must be, keeping learners from jotting down one-word answers