Hydrochloric acid, or HCl, is found in your stomach naturally to aid in digestion. In the video, learners explore 10 fascinating and surprising chemicals our bodies make and use. The narrator discusses everything from formaldehyde to acetone to hydrochloric acid. He tells where they come from and the beneficial roles they play inside the body.
- Ask classes to list at least one unusual or powerful chemical used inside the human body (some will know HCl) and then show the video
- Video best fits in a unit on the human body; it would be a good, short, and engaging introduction to the unit
- The narrator speaks very quickly; pause often to answer questions and turn on closed-captioning to allow all viewers to follow along
- Engaging video due to the information presented
- If needed, turn on auto-translate found within settings to watch the video in a number of different languages via closed captioning